Wednesday, January 14

Hot Cocoa Love


Nothing like a hot beverage in your favorite mug on a chilly day, snowy day or really anytime you need a little bit extra coziness. I love tea most anytime of day, while reserving my mornings for a cup of coffee and every once in awhile needing something decadent like hot cocoa. Since I've been gluten free for 2 years now, I've played with a lot of recipes to make at home and have the convenience of the "instant" loving world. So I have a couple of recipes I'm sharing with you...one with dairy and the other without. I prefer the one with dairy most of the time but do love heating up coconut milk for the other. So this is a preference for any of you wanting to try it out.



Instant Hot Cocoa (w/dairy)

2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa (Dutch-process preferred)
2 1/2 cups powdered milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste (optional)

Instant Hot Cocoa (w/out dairy)

3 1/2 cups of sugar
2 1/4 cups of cocoa (Dutch-process preferred)
1 Tablespoon of salt
 
Directions (for both recipes)

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to incorporate evenly. Seal mixture in an airtight container, keeps indefinitely in the pantry. To make, I used 1/4 cup cocoa mix to about 3/4 cup hot water or hot milk of choice. Stir to blend, add some marshmallows or you favorite topping and enjoy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment